This is our first update, so let's just dive right in. We officially launched Betterlance this month.
We spent the past 12 months talking to Freelancers. We knew we wanted to help Freelancers grow their businesses, but we weren't sure exactly how.
Finally, we settled on a direction and launched. We picked a few key metrics that we want to track and share on a regular basis. So here they are:
- 💰 MRR: $0
- 🆕 New Signups: 13
- 🆓 New Trials: 8
- 👨👩👧👧 New Website Visitors: 246
- 🎉 Milestones: 4
- 📝 Blog Posts: 3
- Most of our traffic was direct from cold-outreach. We also got some traffic from sharing on Indie Hackers and Twitter.
- We didn't have conversion goals setup so its a bit unclear where all our new trials came from.
- We introduced Betterlance Leads. A new service to provide a guaranteed number of new leads to freelancers every month.
- We built out our on-boarding steps and payment/trial functionality in the product.
- We launched the new Betterlance website. Built in 2 weeks using Webflow.
- Along with the website we launched a new Blog to help share lessons and insights on growing your freelance business.
- Why freelancers struggle with sales
- What you can do today to fill open availability with a new paid project
- 4 ways to handle a freelance client that says they can't pay
Here is what is top-of-mind for the team to work on:
- Convert trials to paid customers
- Drive more website traffic
- Continue adding valuable features
- Produce more blog content and be active on Twitter
- Begin developing affiliates and partnerships