Betterlance had a good month in June with positive signs of growth and exciting activity.
One of our main goals for the month was to get a bump in traffic, signups, and trials.
We wanted this bump because we need a fresh set of customers to experience the product and give us feedback.
With that increase in signups/trials in June we set ourselves up for July to be a big month of learning and product iteration.
Here are the metrics for June 2020:
- 💰 MRR: $69
- 🆕 New Signups: 141
- 🆓 New Trials: 31
- 👨👩👧👦 New Website Visitors: 1,277
- 🎉 Milestones: 3
- 📝 Blog Posts: 2
- We got a large bump in traffic from being #5 on Product Hunt for the day
- We continue to get a good response from cold outreach to Freelancers which produced several new trials this month
- We experimented with Google Ads (using an ads credit) which was about 10% of our traffic and led to several new signups
- We're starting to see an increase in organic traffic, ~5% of traffic, for key SEO terms
- We got our first paying customer 🎉
- We launched our CRM from Freelancers on Product Hunt and we were #5 on Product Hunt for the day
- We launched our affiliate program and landed our first affiliate partnership with one of the largest blogs for freelancers
- A 6-Step Killer Cold Outreach Strategy for Freelancers
- Leveling up as a Freelancer to get More of the Work you Want
Here is what is top-of-mind for the team to work on:
- Convert trials to paid customers. This is key for us. With ~40 trials we should be able to convert at least 10% to customers (hopefully). Our goal is to hit 5 paying customers in July.
- Maintain steady website traffic. We're not looking for a big increase like last month. Instead we want to maintain a steady trickle of traffic and new signups from our existing channels.
- Product iteration. With the increase in customers we plan to see what's working and what's not. Talk to customers. And iterate on the product. We'll be shipping a lot in July.
- Active blog and twitter. We want to continue to be active on our blog and social as we establish our presence in the market.
- Scale affiliate program. We want to signup several more affiliates and start seeing some of our traffic coming from this channel.